Ever notice how many photographers are out there? It can be a daunting task to choose the one that will capture your MOST SPECIAL day the way that you envision it. After all, you don’t want to miss ANYTHING and the only way to remember it all is through the photographs. So, it’s VERY important that you choose wisely. Here are a few things to consider that will help you choose the perfect one:
- When you look at a photographer’s website or Facebook page do the pictures really stand out? Are they in a style that draws your attention? When you have your wedding portraits hanging in your home they become your artwork so you want to be drawn to them every day for the rest of your life.
- If you are searching Facebook for local photographers and aren’t finding their prices listed on their pages or websites, don’t be alarmed or nervous about contacting them to ask. Most photographers want to talk to their potential clients to get to know them and their needs a little first. This isn’t a sales ploy as much as it’s a way to make sure that your personalities will work well together.
- Budget is definitely something you need to consider when choosing your photographer but remember- you get what you paid for. This is THE. MOST. IMPORTANT day of your life aside from the birth of your children so you DO NOT want to have the cheapest photographer in your area that just bought their first DSLR taking your wedding pictures! Their fee may sound astrological but it’s to cover their time taking the pictures, editing them, their equipment costs, and to cover some of the cost of their traveling. Contact each of potential photographer and ask if they will allow you to make payments or if there are ways that they can make their packages more affordable to you. It doesn’t hurt to ask. In the end you want to be sure to LOVE your pictures and the photographer you choose wants you to be happy too!
- Make sure that the photographer you choose has a good contract and insurance. Having these means that they have done their homework and that they have a lot of experience. With so many new photographers opening shop these days, it’s hard to know if this will be their first wedding or if they have years of experience but having these at least gives you a little insight into how serious they are!
- When contacting your potential photographer, ask about what their packages include. Some photographers have session fees that only cover their photography during the day and then make you buy prints, albums, USBs and such afterwards, other photographers include products in their packages. Every photographer has a different style of doing business so be sure to get the details of what they offer with their services.